Wednesday, March 21, 2007

mispronunciation(s) are prone to us (only)

I have mentioned to you about my best friends right? They were Allana, Brigitte, Gilphanie, Grechelle and the last but not the last Josephine. And because we are very close, we almost share funny experiences. We only not share funny things. We also share our food (except for this month because we had an agreement). But in this blog entry, I will tell you the words we mispronounced.

*SPEKING
It was me who said this word. Every time we talk with my best friends, there are many many words that I mispronounce but this word is the most popular. When did I say this word “accidentally”? It was when we had our snacks in the canteen. We were talking about this certain person. But then as I saw her going in the canteen, I told my friends “speking of the devil”. And when I said that, my friends started to tease me all along.

*MEDpoint
Who said this girls and boys? It was Allana who said this while she was reporting for our Geometry class. She was discussing about the number she was assigned to. Me and Brigitte were listening very carefully for a mispronounced word she is going to commit. And we were unsuccessful. As she said “ The me—“ , me and Brigitte started to laugh. We were very right. She almost said the word but unluckily she did not finish it so not all the people noticed that she had a word mispronounced.

*prince of TINIS
It is supposed to be Tennis right? But we can’t really avoid mispronunciation of words right? Now Gilphanie was the next victim to be teased. I thought that Allana, Brigitte, and me of course, are the only people who are well victims of this sickness but I did not know that we are going to tease Gilphanie about this. She spoke this word while they were talking about anime (we are really addicted to anime that all that we talk about are about anime).This anime entitled “Prince of Tennis” is what they were talking bout. But then Gilphanie said “tinnis” in front of us. And again we started laughing.

*WEKEN
Wait “weken”? I thought it is supposed to be “weaken” right? It was Josephine who said this word. It was during our class in Social Science. During this class, we read paragraphs from our books. When it was Josephine's turn, we were listening if there would be words that would be mispronounced. Then Josephine said “To weken their forces…”. When we heard that, we were giggling and teased her after that class.

*DIT
Not the “debt” word but the “death” word was Brigitte’s mispronounced word. It was our Home technology class. Of all the words that she is going to mispronounce you are going to ask “why dit or death?”. It is because that during our Home technology class, we had a t-shirt printing project. Now I know how to print t-shirt(s) in a very very simple way. As I saying, Josephine draw a picture with the word “death”. The word was also not so clear so when Brigitte tried to read it, she said “ah dit”.

*SIGment
The last but not the least. The word “segment”. I mean who would never forget this word? Grechelle is well known to us because of this word. I was not really there when she spoke it but my friends told me about it.

Do you know that because if these mispronounced words, our friendship became tighter than before? The point is that we still value our friendship even though we commit a lot of mistakes…

No comments: