Tuesday, March 20, 2007

embarrassing moment of the day

It was a very hot day. A really really really hot day. Even though we can feel the coolness produced by the electric fans in our classroom, it was still very hot and warm. At that time, me, Allana Mae Muñoz and Brigitte Cabalquinto were having a chat about Brigitte's brother. We were talking about her brother's school which is Cebu Normal University. But then, I felt weird. I paused for a while and found out that my stomach was gurgling. I was really really really hungry. So I told the two of them that we should eat lunch.

I then got my lunch pack from my bag. I turned my chair around so that it would be facing Allana and Brigitte. I then placed my lunch on my table and started to eat. We continued our chat about Brigitte's brother. Then we started talking about her brother's school and it's facilities. At that time also, we were not alone. There was another person in the classroom. His name was Aiden Bruce Tallo. We really really really do not know what he was doing at that time but all we know is that he was cleaning up the messes on the platform. He was keeping and arranging the manila papers attached to blackboard. As I was saying, we were talking about Brigitte's brother and his school. But then I remembered my cousin who was also studying at the same school as Brigitte's brother. I mentioned her to my close friends. I then told them about the experiences of my cousin. The first day of her school and the Miss Nursing thingy. I told them that my cousin joined the pageant. Well the truth was that my cousin was just forced to join the so called "Miss Nursing" at her school because her classmates told her to. To tell you the truth, my cousin has a nice figure and body so she is qualified to join the said pageant.

When I mentioned this "Miss Nursing" to my best friends, Brigitte said, "Aw o... Miss Nursing.. Ako kuya...". When she said it, I paused and thought that there was something wrong with what she said. But then, while I was thinking of what has Brigitte said, Allana said,"Ha? Imong Kuya apil ug Miss Nursing?". Yes! That was it! Brigitte said something inappropriate and that was it! When Allana said the words, we started to laugh hard. We really really really laughed hard because of what Brigitte said and it's meaning.

After we had lunch, I teased Brigitte that her brother was gay. She kept on saying that she only said it wrongly. We knew that she said it wrongly but saying something wrong is already a big big big issue to us. Even mispronunciating the words is already a big issue to us like mispronunciating the word "speaking, midpoint" and many more. After a while, I went to my locker to get something. After I got my things from my locker, I teased Brigitte again about her brother. She told me that her brother is not gay. I shouted "I can't hear you." But as I was shouting, I slipped! They saw me slipped. Just as when Allana turned her to my direction and Aiden also turned his head at my direction, they saw me! Then when I got up, they started teasing me. They said that I was trying to follow Manny Villar in his commercial on televison. I was really embarrased that I can hardly face my friends...

No comments: