Saturday, February 3, 2007

high school life

"Excuse me but where do you go to school?" This is only one of the questions asked to me everywhere I go. I am a student of one of the best universities here in Cebu. Some say that this university is an advanced university and yes, it is truly is. But what is really going on in this university?

"Ok class this assignment is due on...". This is only one of what the teachers will tell you if you have any assignments. When I was in first year, I really had problems in adjusting because some subjects are new not only to me but also to those students who came from a public school. I , myself came from a public school that is why I had some problems. But as the days go by, I was able to adjust to my new life.

I was lucky because I was able to finish my first year without any back subjects. The term back subject(s) means that when you reach your next year and you had failing subject in your previous year, you have to take it again. You have to take the failing subject again in your next year. As I was saying, I didn't have any back subjects.

When I reached my second year, I was shocked the first time I watched my new schedule for the second years. It is because I caught sight of the word "Chemistry" and "Geometry". I thought I was reading the wrong schedule and I also thought that this might be the schedule of the third years or maybe it was wrongly given to us. But it was really true. This schedule I am holding is really our schedlue for the second years.

I was really looking forward for this new subjects. And when we had our first class in Geometry, I found out that I was wrong. Geometry is not a difficult subject. Our first class in Geometry was fun because our teacher was easy to go with. Our teacher for this subject was Mr. Manlunas. Mr. Manlunas didn't stay any longer because he has to go to the states. There is an opportunity for him awaiting there. So the faculty had some "auditions" for the empty post. And not long after, the faculty was able to find the one. She was also a nice teacher and she is Madam Kerr. This teacher of ours is not so strict but funny and also easy to go with just like Mr. Manlunas.

Then we had our first Chemistry class. The teacher assigned fot this post was the opposite of our Geometry teacher. Strict and scary. But as we get to know her, we found out that she was not a "terrible" teacher after all. Behind her being strict and scary teacher is a funny and nice character. We even treat her as our second "mama" because she is really a good person and she really cares for us. This teacher I am talking about is no other than Madam Lapa.

We also had a new subject. This new subject I am talking about is Biology. I was not shocked when I saw this in our daily schedule. The teachers for this subject were Miss Cadiz and Madam Carvajal. Madam Carvajal is also a nice teacher and is the bestfirend our Chemistry teacher.

Then we still had our old subjects like Algebra, Filipino, Hometechnology II, Health, PE, English and Social Science.

But you know, one thing I like in this university is that they held different kinds of celebrations my older school has never held before. I am talking about the Communications and Arts Week, Intramurals, Science Week and many many more.

Another thing that I like in this university is the Field Trip. In my older school, we never had any field trips and whatever.

As I stay longer in this university, I learned to love, protect and treat it as my second home. I am happy that I was accepted in this university because I heared that not all people are accepted in this university. When I was accepted here, I was really really happy. I am proud that I was able to study in one of the best universities here in Cebu and I also consider myself lucky. I am really proud to be a UPian......

No comments: